FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS AND WORKSHOP THEMES
Cape Town, South Africa, 25 –28 October 2005
CONFERENCE THEME: Mobile technology: The future of learning in your
The conference will fulfil the need for stimulating critical debate on and research into theories, approaches, principles and applications of mLearning. It will provide an opportunity for professionals and practitioners to share their knowledge, experience and research in the various areas where mLearning is applied. The conference will also serve as an incubator to promote mLearning in Africa.
The objectives for the conference have been defined as follows:
- To promote the development of mLearning, globally, but especially in developing countries.
- To stimulate critical debate on and research into theories, approaches, principles and applications of mLearning.
- To share local and international developments, experiences and lessons learned.
- To promote networking and business opportunity development.
- To encourage the study and implementation of mobile applications in teaching and learning.
- To stimulate and assist personal professional development and the development of new skills for educators.
- To provide a forum for education and knowledge transfer.
- To facilitate dialogue, sharing and networking between diverse cultures with regard to the optimum use of emerging technologies.